Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Stefan Suurmeijer <st...@raptorweb.nl> on 2004/11/19 00:51:30 UTC

script error?

Hi list,

this is probably some easy configuration issue, but it's now almost 1am
and I just spent the last 4 hours upgrading my system so by now I
wouldn't see a solution if it hit me in the face.

I have everything working, except for spamassassin. I had it working
earlier, but I decided to get the newest version of SA from CPAN and now
when I try to start spamd I get the following error:

ERROR!  spamassassin script is v3.000000, but using modules v3.000001!

which is great in not telling me anything useful about what is wrong.
Can anybody point me in the right direction? Any help would be GREATLY
appreciated

TIA
Stefan

Re: script error?

Posted by Stefan Suurmeijer <st...@raptorweb.nl>.
tried it but didn't work. There's probably some statement in a startup
script that is no longer available in v3.000001, but I have no idea
what. Anyone?

RE: script error?

RE: script error?

Posted by Martin <ma...@ntlworld.com>.
|this is probably some easy configuration issue, but it's now
|almost 1am and I just spent the last 4 hours upgrading my
|system so by now I wouldn't see a solution if it hit me in the face.
|
|I have everything working, except for spamassassin. I had it
|working earlier, but I decided to get the newest version of SA
|from CPAN and now when I try to start spamd I get the following error:
|
|ERROR!  spamassassin script is v3.000000, but using modules v3.000001!
|
|which is great in not telling me anything useful about what is wrong.
|Can anybody point me in the right direction? Any help would be
|GREATLY appreciated

I had exactly the same when I upgraded, turned out I had two versions of
spamd on, one in /usr/bin/spamd and the other /usr/sbin/spamd, one was the
old one and the other was the new one, cant remember which way round now,
shouldn't be hard to figure though. The startup script was finding the old
one, just delete it and/or copy the new one over.

Martin