Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by shambhusingh <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/29 21:08:47 UTC

k-means clustering using n-grams over lucene index

I want to improve the relevency of my
search engine so the approach I am looking out is to create clusters
out of lucene index using n-grams and then once the clustering is done
push the cluster info to the search engine as a input...

I have lucene index and I want to do k-means clustering using
n-grams algorithm ,so can you please guide me in figuring it how to do
it
just few steps ...it will be realy helpfull

--
Many Thanks,
Shambhu

Re: k-means clustering using n-grams over lucene index

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2010/03/16/integrating-apache-mahout-with-apache-lucene-and-solr-part-i-of-3/ might help (I'm actually working on part II right now).

Also, https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Creating+Vectors+from+Text

On Mar 29, 2011, at 3:08 PM, shambhusingh wrote:

> I want to improve the relevency of my
> search engine so the approach I am looking out is to create clusters
> out of lucene index using n-grams and then once the clustering is done
> push the cluster info to the search engine as a input...
>
> I have lucene index and I want to do k-means clustering using
> n-grams algorithm ,so can you please guide me in figuring it how to do
> it
> just few steps ...it will be realy helpfull
>
> --
> Many Thanks,
> Shambhu

Grant Ingersoll