Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Tamir Kamara <ta...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/10 14:52:59 UTC

Native Libraries

Hi,

I'm using hadoop 0.18.3 and I wish to see the status of hadoop native
libraries. According to
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.18.3/native_libraries.html I should be
seeing something like:
INFO util.NativeCodeLoader - Loaded the native-hadoop library
or:
INFO util.NativeCodeLoader - Unable to load native-hadoop library for your
platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable

I've scanned all the files in the log directory on several nodes but I can
locate and thing about this.

Why do you think I can't see anything in the logs ?
Should I do a specific thing in order to use the libraries ?

Thanks,
Tamir

Re: Native Libraries

Posted by Stefan Podkowinski <sp...@gmail.com>.
I've been able to notice this kind of output in the job tracker web interface.
Open a job and drill down to one of the task logs and select 'All'.
Should be somewhere on the top of the output.