Posted to community@apache.org by Ian Springer <ip...@apache.org> on 2005/06/13 22:12:28 UTC

images of Apache logo

Hi,

I was looking for a collection of Apache logo images (i.e. the feather),
preferably in PSD format. I was hoping there might be something checked
into the committers project, but there isn't. I found
http://www.apache.org/images/, but that only has a PSD for one of the
images. Does anyone know if there's somewhere else I should look?

Thanks,
Ian

Re: images of Apache logo

Posted by Ian Springer <ip...@apache.org>.
Brian W. Fitzpatrick wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 16:12 -0400, Ian Springer wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>I was looking for a collection of Apache logo images (i.e. the feather),
>>preferably in PSD format. I was hoping there might be something checked
>>into the committers project, but there isn't. I found
>>http://www.apache.org/images/, but that only has a PSD for one of the
>>images. Does anyone know if there's somewhere else I should look?
>>

>There's an Illustrator file containing the feather in the foundation
>Subversion repository, but usage is pretty strictly regulated.  If
>you're planning on creating any logos with the feather, you may want to
>discuss it with press@apache.org
>
>-Fitz

Hi Fitz,

I'm working on a new logo for the Web Services project that incorporates
the Apache feather. Are you sure I need special approval for this? There
are a number of other projects that incorporate the feather into their
logos (e.g. http://xml.apache.org/, http://xmlbeans.apache.org/,
http://jakarta.apache.org/).

Btw, I was unable to access the foundation SVN repo - access appears to
be restricted to ASF members.

Regards,
Ian

Re: images of Apache logo