Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/09/06 03:09:39 UTC

Re: Re: Returning to Commit-Then-Review?

I will support anything that does not leave patches to fester and
still provides any required pre-commit oversight.

I would really like to see a CTR-like policy that puts trust back into
the community for example, I trust Hirams activemq patch but my
concurrent patch... well I want others to ack it first, as it his
areas of the server which are not as familiar to me.

It seems to me that David's proposal fits into this...

Can we please make an effort to agree on a policy?  And once agreed
upon, have the PMC officially announce it?

I believe this is critical for our community to move forward.

--jason

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 9/6/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> I will support anything that does not leave patches to fester and
> still provides any required pre-commit oversight.
>
> I would really like to see a CTR-like policy that puts trust back into
> the community for example, I trust Hirams activemq patch but my
> concurrent patch... well I want others to ack it first, as it his
> areas of the server which are not as familiar to me.
>
> It seems to me that David's proposal fits into this...
>
> Can we please make an effort to agree on a policy?  And once agreed
> upon, have the PMC officially announce it?
>
> I believe this is critical for our community to move forward.

Thanks Jason for bringing it up. I started a page
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=23530
to let us know where we are. Nothing there yet, but let us^H^Hme get
started. Will copy emails from Dave and others there.

It's accessible from
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Documentation, but
it doesn't look good.

Jacek