Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com> on 2014/01/13 21:57:28 UTC

Have Ivy check lastModifiedTime for snapshots?

For released artifacts, if I have an entry in the cache, I wouldn't want Ivy to check the repo that it was obtained from.  However, for SNAPSHOT artifacts, I need Ivy to check to see whether the artifact on the repo is newer than what I have in the cache.  In the Ivy documentation, in a subsection titled "Changes in module metadata" there is a reference to a property called "checkModified" which goes on the resolver definition.  This seems to be what I need.

However, when I tried to add 'checkModified="true"' on my "ibiblio" element that points to our intranet Nexus repository, it failed with:

"ivysettings.xml: no set method found for checkModified on class org.apache.ivy.plugins.resolver.IBiblioResolver"