Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/29 23:02:52 UTC

Problem getting CVS changes onto FOP-CVS list.

Team,

My last (and only) two cvs-commits--one to team.xml
and the other just recently with Layout &
StructureHandler--are not appearing on the FOP-CVS
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-cvs&r=1&b=200306&w=2)
mail list.

"CVS commit" command outputs at the end that it is
sending an email, however.

(It looks like I need to subscribe to FOP-CVS using my
apache.org address, but I'm not sure how to do so--the
return subscription confirmation would have to come
from the email account that gmazza@apache.org forwards
to--which I don't think the mail list will accept.  Is
there a "manual" way of subscribing--or is this not
the problem?)

Thanks,
Glen

Re: Problem getting CVS changes onto FOP-CVS list.

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Jeremias Maerki schrieb:
> Most likely they are stuck in the moderator queue. Who are our

Yeah, probably every new committer faced this problem.
If it still doesn't work ask apmail.

Christian

Re: Problem getting CVS changes onto FOP-CVS list.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Most likely they are stuck in the moderator queue. Who are our
moderators anyway?

On 29.06.2003 23:23:37 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> > "CVS commit" command outputs at the end that it is
> > sending an email, however.
> I had the same effect. It suddenly went away.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Problem getting CVS changes onto FOP-CVS list.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Glen Mazza wrote:
>>BTW you seem to have set your indentation to 2
> In the code?  I can't find an example where that
> happened (IIRC my changed lines were all starting
> first column anyway)--please let me know of one.

I can't find it. There was a large block in the diff where
indentation changed, perhaps I interpreted it the reverse
(the old indentation was wrong).

J.Pietschmann

Re: Problem getting CVS changes onto FOP-CVS list.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> wrote:
> But as far as I remember I
> subscribed
> using my yahoo account to fop-cvs anyway.

OK--just subscribed via my apache address (in my yahoo
account) following the mailing list instructions:

"You can start a subscription for an alternate
address,
for example "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen and
your address (with '=' instead of '@') after the
command word:
<fo...@xml.apache.org>"

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Glen Mazza wrote:
> My last (and only) two cvs-commits--one to team.xml
> and the other just recently with Layout &
> StructureHandler--are not appearing on the FOP-CVS
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-cvs&r=1&b=200306&w=2)
> mail list.
Indeed.

> "CVS commit" command outputs at the end that it is
> sending an email, however.
I had the same effect. It suddenly went away. One thing
I did was:

> (It looks like I need to subscribe to FOP-CVS using

exactly this, the other was to use "cvs commit" in the
fop root dir rather than its parent (the latter forced
me to "cvs login" every time).

> apache.org address, but I'm not sure how to do so--the
> return subscription confirmation would have to come
> from the email account that gmazza@apache.org forwards

In principle you can send mail with an arbitrary From:
header from everywhere.
In my mozilla I have several accounts: one which uses
my yahoo account in "From:" and one which uses my
apache account there. But as far as I remember I subscribed
using my yahoo account to fop-cvs anyway.

BTW you seem to have set your indentation to 2 spaces,
please correct this.

J.Pietschmann