Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/13 12:05:41 UTC

Shared bundle repository

I guess we're not the only projects at Apache doing that, but at least
we do it the same way.
I wonder if we could cooperate more closely and have a common ground
for releasing such bundles and making them available to others.
I think having a single point to find OSGi bundles would be a great
benefit for all OSGi-fied projects at Apache and also for the
downstream users.

Thoughts ?

Btw, I'm just starting this thread because I've seen Rick is in the
process of releasing some bundles in Geronimo ...

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Shared bundle repository

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Freeman

--
Freeman Fang

------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: Shared bundle repository

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.
I fully agree. A single point for bundles is really a great idea.
Maybe we should try to get a svn repo folder just for that and allow
all asf committers access there.

Lars

--
http://lhein.blogspot.com

Re: Shared bundle repository

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.

--
http://lhein.blogspot.com

Re: Shared bundle repository

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
As ServiceMix, Aries, Felix, Karaf (and probably other Apache project that I
don't know) uses bundles, this seems more logic that we create something
related to osgi stuffs under Apache umbrella (for all the bundles where
Apache license is applicable)

So, why not creating something like --> Apache OSGI repository (=
maven/nexus repo that we can browse or make search from the web, ...)

Charles

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adrian Trenaman <TR...@progress.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Adrian Trenaman <TR...@progress.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

A shared repository is required for osgi bundles.
But if we host it under Apache umbrella, it will not be possible for users
to get jars of project not using an Apache license (e.g. hibernate, oracle,
...) but perhaps this is another debate.

Kind regards,

Charles Moulliard

Senior Enterprise Architect (J2EE, .NET, SOA)
Apache Camel - ServiceMix Committer
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com |  Twitter :
http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard | Skype: cmoulliard