Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by venkat <ve...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/27 08:48:16 UTC

Mahout first application for biginer

Hi,

    I am new to mahout.I have to do any example using mahout to start.Please
give me detailed steps to do an application using mahout.Pls help me.

Re: Mahout first application for biginer

Posted by Dhruv Kumar <dk...@ecs.umass.edu>.
Try Grant's article:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-mahout/

Posted by Petr Cvengros <pe...@volny.cz>.
Hello,

Posted by JAGANADH G <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi Venkat,

Mahout offers a several algorithms for different usecases. Do you
already know which problem you want to solve? Or do just want to play
around with the technology?

I suggest you look through some of the introductory material from
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Books+Tutorials+and+Talks

After that you might want to checkout the source code of Mahout and look
at the examples module.

--sebastian