Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/05 17:25:52 UTC

uimafit initialization

I am trying to follow the documentation to understand how to use
uimafit to initialize ctakes component.

>From the docs: http://uima.apache.org/d/uimafit-2.1.0/tools.uimafit.book.html#d5e65

AnalysisEngine tokenizer = createEngine(MyTokenizer.class);

AnalysisEngine tagger = createEngine(MyTagger.class);

runPipeline(jCas, tokenizer, tagger);

for(Token token : iterate(jCas, Token.class)){
    System.out.println(token.getTag());
}

What classes has the methods "createEngine" and "runPipeline"  in this context ?

I am trying to integrate Named Entity Recognition using UMLS and use
it in java code.

Any pointer is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: uimafit initialization

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Well, that's the pre-Apache version of uimaFIT. Afaik ctakes recently upgraded (or at least planned to upgrade) to the Apache version.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: uimafit initialization

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.