Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org> on 2016/05/25 20:27:51 UTC

Re: whats is the purpose or impact of -yst( --yarnstreaming ) argument

Hi Prateek,
this is a deprecated setting that affects how memory is allocated in Flink
Worker nodes. Since at least 1.0.0 the default behavior is the behavior
that would previously be requested by the --yst flag.

In short, you don't need the flag when running streaming programs. (Except
Robert has something different to say, I hope I'm right, though...)

Cheers,
Aljoscha

Posted by prateekarora <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the information

Regards
Prateek

Re: whats is the purpose or impact of -yst( --yarnstreaming ) argument

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
The "-yst" or "-yarnstreaming" parameter doesn't have an effect
anymore because the streaming mode has been removed. I filed an issue
some weeks ago: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-3890