Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Gadiputi, Sravani" <sr...@capgemini.com> on 2016/07/11 12:49:18 UTC

Shell script execution through Nifi

Hi Team,

Need your assistance/inputs for below requirement.
I wanted to Execute shell script/spark jobs  in remote machines through Nifi .How can we achieve this?

Could you please suggest any  solution/work abounds, that would be great help.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Sravani

Re: Shell script execution through Nifi

Posted by Sumanth Chinthagunta <xm...@gmail.com>.
You can try my custom processor ExecuteRemoteProcess
https://github.com/xmlking/nifi-scripting/blob/master/README.md
-Sumo
Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "Oxenberg, Jeff" <je...@hpe.com>.
Hey Sravani,

The output of whatever you run using ExecuteProcess is logged to the flowfile contents.  I tested briefly with command=/usr/bin/ssh and arguments=root@IP.address ‘hostname’ and it returned the remote machine’s hostname to the flowfile contents.  This would in my opinion be a little more portable/easier to manage than using a separate shell script.

You’d first need to setup passwordless ssh, on the nifi machine: ssh-copy-id ip.of.remote.machine.  That would assume that you don’t have a passphrase setup for your key.  If you do, you can use an expect script to enter it.

Thanks,

Jeff Oxenberg

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hello,