Posted to user@ant.apache.org by S I <xi...@hotmail.com> on 2005/09/23 20:11:55 UTC

Defining tasks

Hi

I'm on Apache/ant website and looking for taskdef and its attributes.  Could
someone please direct me to a url or description, I can't find anything.  Is
the attrib name & resource one and the same or 2 different things? Thanks.

<taskdef name="jarfile" classname="package?"/>

Re: Defining tasks

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
S I wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm on Apache/ant website and looking for taskdef and its attributes.
> Could someone please direct me to a url or description,

It will be in the online documentatin that comes with an ant distribution.

> I can't find
> anything.  Is the attrib name & resource one and the same or 2 different
> things?

very different things.
  name: name of task
  uri: namespace (optional)
  resource: resource containing .properties or .xml file describing
multiple definitions
  classname: name of class implementing task