Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Kevin Ratnasekera <dj...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/04 21:05:14 UTC

Re: Suggestion for new Direction for Gora

Hi Lewis,

Thank you for all the suggestions given. I went through the pointers you
given and found out that,

1. Camel is at gora 0.8 ( Already upgraded to latest )
2. Giraph is at gora 0.5 ( Upgrade needed )
3. Chukwa is at gora 0.6 ( Upgrade needed )

I logged two jira tickets [1] which I will be taking over. ( If anyone like
to join please talk to me  ) I am not sure about nutch gora integration,
current status and whether we can do anything from our end. I have seen
several times dev@gora people raised their concerns over improvements to
nutch-gora Eg:- Last time when we had discussion on GSoC ideas, there was a
proposal from Renato on fixing gora-nutch integration in Nutch 2.x possible
cases where we have neglected as community. [3] Also recently I noticed
some people requesting mavenized build for 2.x branch as well. [4] Do we
have ideas to take things forward?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHUKWA-823
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-1214
[3]