Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org> on 2019/11/12 11:46:15 UTC

[org.apache.sling.api] new release?

Hello,

Currently we have two planned releases for Sling API:

2.20.2:
SLING-8759 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8759>
Replace the SlingAdaptable.adapterCache with a ConcurrentMap

Unassigned	Robert Munteanu	Major	Open	Unresolved
SLING-8758 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8758>
Add Adaptable method with a non-null return value

Unassigned	Robert Munteanu	Major	Resolved	Duplicate
SLING-8742 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8742>
Allow overriding the extension when using the RequestDispatcher

Unassigned	Robert Munteanu	Major	Open	Unresolved
SLING-8558 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8558>
ValueMapDecorator should allow getting ZonedDateTime values

Julian Sedding	Julian Sedding	Minor	Resolved	Fixed
SLING-8493 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8493>
Move embedded jackrabbit classes to Sling package space

Carsten Ziegeler	Carsten Ziegeler	Major	Closed	Fixed
SLING-8116 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8116>
ValueMap - implement default methods using OSGI Converter

Jason E Bailey	Jason E Bailey	Major	In Progress	Unresolved
SLING-7510 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7510>
UriProvider throws unchecked IllegalArgumentException that must be handled by consumers

Unassigned	Alexander Klimetschek	Major	Open	Unresolved

2.21.0 (started by me because of SLING-8737 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8737>, which is a new feature):
SLING-8827 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8827>
SLING-8734 api: Upgrade to parent pom 35

Radu Cotescu	Radu Cotescu	Major	Resolved	Fixed
SLING-8737 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8737>
Add support for lazily-evaluated bindings

Radu Cotescu	Radu Cotescu	Major	In Progress	Unresolved

Are you ok with moving SLING-8116, SLING-8493, SLING-8558 to 2.21.0? What about moving SLING-7510, SLING-8742 and SLING-8759 to a subsequent release, so that we can release 2.21.0 this week?

@Jason, I’ve added a few enhancements for SLING-8116. Do you think there’s something more that needs to be done there?

Thanks,
Radu

Re: [org.apache.sling.api] new release?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2019-11-12 at 12:46 +0100, Radu Cotescu wrote:
> Are you ok with moving SLING-8116, SLING-8493, SLING-8558 to 2.21.0?
> What about moving SLING-7510, SLING-8742 and SLING-8759 to a
> subsequent release, so that we can release 2.21.0 this week?

OK from my part, I have no immediate plans to work on the open issues.

Robert