Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Evgeniy Ignatiev <ye...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/03 13:26:03 UTC

Ignite may start more service instances per node than maxPerNodeCount in case of manual redeploy

Hello.

Recently we discovered that if a service is configured in
IgniteConfiguration with e.g. maxPerNodeCount equal to 1 and totalCount
equal to 3, we start-up 2 Ignite nodes - then cancel the service after
some time and redeploy it with the same config as
ignite.services().deploy(...) - we observe more than instance of service
starting per node.

Here is a minimal code that demonstrates this issue:
https://github.com/YevIgn/ignite-services-bug - After the call to
ignite.services().deploy(...) - the output to console is "Started 3
services" while "Started 2 services" is expected as there are only two
nodes. This is with the Ignite 1.9.0.

Could you please look into it?

Re: Ignite may start more service instances per node than maxPerNodeCount in case of manual redeploy

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Evgeniy,

I've fixed the issue.
PFA a patch.

--
Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re: Ignite may start more service instances per node than maxPerNodeCount in case of manual redeploy

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Evgeniy,