Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/13 12:49:45 UTC

increase Checkpoint interval

Hey,

I want to increase checkpoint interval of kahadb to store the cache on disk.
By doing this can i increase my broker performance?

Does it has any side effect on broker or any other issues ?

Thanks,
Anuj

Re: increase Checkpoint interval

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
i encourage you to take a look at and understand all of the options,
but only apply them once you've seen proof (through benchmarking and
observations) that they help your situation and solve the bottlenecks
you've observed. attempting to tune a broker for performance by
switching on options "because they increase performance" is going to
land you and your performance in more trouble unless you've proof that
what you're doing is alleviating what you're expecting (trust me..
i've been there done that)

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 12:33 AM, Yin Wang <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes,that help performance but once broker gets restarted,it will take
> longer time to complete index recovery.
> Here is a guide that may help you to tune performance,
> https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/JBoss_A-MQ/6.0/html/Tuning_Guide/files/PersTuning-KahaDB.html

>> Hey,
>>
>> I want to increase checkpoint interval of kahadb to store the cache on
>> disk.
>> By doing this can i increase my broker performance?
>>
>> Does it has any side effect on broker or any other issues ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anuj
>>

>> --

Christian Posta