Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2005/09/10 16:18:38 UTC

problem with bootstrapped build from svn

I've got a bad-looking exception running deploy:deploy on my project
using the bootstrapped version from svn (which compiles but isn't happy
doing the integration tests at this point in time (2005-09-10 15:15GMT
+1:00)

This is what I see:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Diagnosis: Error configuring plugin for execution of 'deploy:deploy'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] Cause:
org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error configuring plugin
for execution of 'deploy:deploy'.
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:335)
[snip]
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginConfigurationException: Unable
to parse the created DOM for plugin configuration
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultPluginManager.java:1019)
[snip]
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.ComponentConfigurationException:
Class 'org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepository' cannot
be instantiated
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.AbstractConfigurationConverter.instantiateObject(AbstractConfigurationConverter.java:120)
[snip]
Caused by: java.lang.InstantiationException:
org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.ArtifactRepository
         at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.AbstractConfigurationConverter.instantiateObject(AbstractConfigurationConverter.java:110)
         ... 22 more

including POM dependencies in an eclipse plugin build

Posted by Duncan Krebs <ap...@hostdepot.net>.
Hi,
I'm not sure if I'm going about this the right way. I have an ecliplse
plugin project and am using maven eclpse to add the project dependencies to
the class path. I'm trying to find a way to have the plugin-builder add all
my maven dependencies in the lib folder of the built plugin. Does anyone
know how to do this without manually adding all my project dependenceis to
the root of my plugin project folder?  Thanks!

Re: [M2] problem with bootstrapped build from svn

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Oh I see. Thanks.

I realised that I don't actually want to deploy them anyway - I just
want them in my local repository and so 'install' will suffice.

Thanks again,

Adam

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Re: [M2] problem with bootstrapped build from svn

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.
Adam Hardy on 10/09/05 15:18, wrote:
> I've got a bad-looking exception running deploy:deploy on my project
> using the bootstrapped version from svn (which compiles but isn't happy
> doing the integration tests at this point in time (2005-09-10 15:15GMT
> +1:00)

I forgot to say this is M2.