Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/02 22:49:02 UTC

[drlvm] questions on class unloading (JIRA H2000) and cleaning class.h (JIRA H1558)

Pavel,

I just now looked at your latest H1558 patch.  Unfortunately the patch won't
cleanly apply.   It can not be committed yet.  In any case, 1558 seems to
basically reformat the interfaces that access class specific info.  It looks
like a bunch of cosmetic changes.  No change in underlying algorithms.  Is
this correct?

Aleksey, Pavel,

Do you know if there are interdependencies between H1558 and H2000?  In any
case, I believe H1558 should be committed first.  And H2000 will have to
pick up the pieces.

Everyone,

Comments?  Suggestions?

--
Weldon Washburn

Re: [drlvm] questions on class unloading (JIRA H2000) and cleaning class.h (JIRA H1558)

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.
Weldon Washburn wrote:
> 1558 pass the pre-commit "build test" on my windows laptop.  I have not
> done
> a post-commit clean "svn checkout", build, build test.  Mostly because
> build
> test makes my laptop unusable for over an hour.  It would be good if
> someone
> can double verify the windows build is OK since 1558 commit was one hundred
> twenty files.

Don't worry, you would've known if you broke win32 by now :)

I've verified the build on winxp laptop and 2003 server with HT. Tests
seem to be working as before the patch. That is gc.LOS hanging on XP,
some problems with threading described in HARMONY-2070 and
java.lang.ThreadTest failing.

--
Gregory

Re: [drlvm] questions on class unloading (JIRA H2000) and cleaning class.h (JIRA H1558)

Posted by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rana Dasgupta <rd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
so, how did it go?

Posted by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gregory Shimansky <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aleksey Ignatenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Weldon,

Posted by Pavel Pervov <pm...@gmail.com>.
Weldon,

Basically, yes. Algorithms were indeed changed, where interfaces dictated
so. Also, several places were optimized out as dead code.

Pavel.

On 11/3/06, Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pavel,
>
> I just now looked at your latest H1558 patch.  Unfortunately the patch
> won't
> cleanly apply.   It can not be committed yet.  In any case, 1558 seems to
> basically reformat the interfaces that access class specific info.  It
> looks
> like a bunch of cosmetic changes.  No change in underlying algorithms.  Is
> this correct?
>
> Aleksey, Pavel,
>
> Do you know if there are interdependencies between H1558 and H2000?  In
> any
> case, I believe H1558 should be committed first.  And H2000 will have to
> pick up the pieces.
>
> Everyone,
>
> Comments?  Suggestions?
>
> --
> Weldon Washburn

Pavel Pervov,

Re: [drlvm] questions on class unloading (JIRA H2000) and cleaning class.h (JIRA H1558)

Posted by Aleksey Ignatenko <al...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Pavel, but I want hear conformation about H1558 is commited
first.

Posted by Pavel Pervov <pm...@gmail.com>.
And yes, patches for H1558 and H2000 will most certainly conflict. I hope,
Aleksey will agree on rebasing his patch after my changes will be committed
at last.

Regards,
Pavel.

On 11/3/06, Weldon Washburn <we...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Pavel,
>
> I just now looked at your latest H1558 patch.  Unfortunately the patch
> won't
> cleanly apply.   It can not be committed yet.  In any case, 1558 seems to
> basically reformat the interfaces that access class specific info.  It
> looks
> like a bunch of cosmetic changes.  No change in underlying algorithms.  Is
> this correct?
>
> Aleksey, Pavel,
>
> Do you know if there are interdependencies between H1558 and H2000?  In
> any
> case, I believe H1558 should be committed first.  And H2000 will have to
> pick up the pieces.
>
> Everyone,
>
> Comments?  Suggestions?
>
> --