Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Carl Shaulis <cs...@homeaway.com> on 2010/01/29 21:35:30 UTC

Multiple load servers

Howdy,

This is a crazy question, but I cannot clearly understand the posts I have
found.

I have Linux machine A.  From this machine I run headless using Rake.  I
think I have reached the load limit on this machine.  I want to involve
Linux Machine B to generate more load.  Do I configure A to be both client &
load and B load only?  Will Machine A be overwhelmed by the data returned?

Alternatively do I use the GUI from my MacBook as the client and let Linux A
& B generate load?

Please point me to a good post that guides me to the correct configuration.

Thanks,

Carl

Re: Multiple load servers

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/best-practices.html#lean_mean

Re: Multiple load servers

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
The points below are in decreasing order of preference in my opinion.

Re: Multiple load servers

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.