Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Andrew Jaquith <an...@mac.com> on 2008/03/20 03:13:25 UTC

One more tweak for 2.6.2!

Web unit tests... I had a long plane ride today, and during that
flight I fixed the tests so that they run again (with two
exceptions...). I just checked in the tests, and bumped up the build
to 2.6.2-rc-4.

And the good news is.... things STILL were still working just as they
should have, even in the absence of functioning tests.

Dirk -- see tests/etc/selenium/readme.txt; I wrote up a few notes on
how to write Selenium tests so that they will run automatically in
Ant. Nothing shocking -- just two or three things to keep in mind.

Ok. I'm really ++1 now.

Andy

Re: One more tweak for 2.6.2!

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.
I'm running it in my personal wiki and everything works fine...

Apart from Renaming... The more I'm testing, the more confused I get!
But that's no special issue with 2.6.2.

Regards,
 Florian

Re: One more tweak for 2.6.2!

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@mac.com>.
Yeah, that probably would be possible for 2.8. My thoughts for the
current use of Jetty was to create a class called TestContainer with a
port, context name and WAR path for the constructor. It would also
have start() and stop() methods. Then, in Ant we'd just fire it up
with the test context.

Clearly, this would work in a "standalone" fashion too...

Murray, thanks for the offer of scripts, but I'm probably covered...

Re: One more tweak for 2.6.2!

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.

Re: One more tweak for 2.6.2!

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Andrew Jaquith wrote:
> I'm also, in my copious free time, scheming about how we can use the
> tiny Jetty 5.1 server inside of Selenium to set up a captive web app
> server for web unit testing. The idea is to rip out the Tomcat
> dependencies in the Ant script and make web tests Just Work. Will
> require 3-4 small additional Jars, about 500k total. I'm about 1 day
> (effort, not elapsed time) from finishing.
>
> This doesn't really matter for 2.6.2 proper, though. My ++1 still stands.

Andrew,

You may know that I'm running JSPWiki on an embedded version of Jetty
6.1.5 within Ceryle, which has a 'webapps' directory and manages the
property changes necessary (no tweaks to JSPWiki code, just using the
cascading properties feature). Since Ceryle also uses Groovy I've
written some tests in that since it's easy to do, and if I remember
right I may even have a Java or Groovy method that executes all the
test scripts in a directory, can't remember how I did that...

Would this be of help or just an added complication?

Murray

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record

Re: One more tweak for 2.6.2!

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@mac.com>.

Re: One more tweak for 2.6.2!

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
On Mar 20, 2008, at 04:13 , Andrew Jaquith wrote:

> Web unit tests... I had a long plane ride today, and during that
> flight I fixed the tests so that they run again (with two
> exceptions...). I just checked in the tests, and bumped up the
> build to 2.6.2-rc-4.
>
> And the good news is.... things STILL were still working just as
> they should have, even in the absence of functioning tests.
>
> Dirk -- see tests/etc/selenium/readme.txt; I wrote up a few notes
> on how to write Selenium tests so that they will run automatically
> in Ant. Nothing shocking -- just two or three things to keep in mind.
>
> Ok. I'm really ++1 now.

Awesome!  Thanks heaps :-)