Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/14 10:46:29 UTC

surefire 2.3, mvn 2.0.5 : execution blocks and system property

hello,
seems like defining system properties within the configuration of an
execution block for the surefire plugin is not propertly supported.

Consider this:

<plugin>

     	<executions>
     		<execution>
     			<!-- TESTS WITH OPTIMIZATION LEVEL = NONE -->
     			<id>no-optimization</id>
     			<goals>
     				<goal>test</goal>
     			</goals>
     			<phase>test</phase>
     			<configuration>
     				<systemProperties>
     					<property>
     						<name>fractal.provider</name>
     						<value>
     							org.objectweb.fractal.julia.Julia
     						</value>
     					</property>
     					<property>
     						<name>julia.loader</name>
     						<value>
     							org.objectweb.fractal.julia.loader.DynamicLoader
     						</value>
     					</property>
     					<property>
     						<name>julia.loader.gen.dir</name>
     						<value>
     							target/test-classes/generated
     						</value>
     					</property>
     					<property>
     						<name>julia.config</name>
     						<value>julia.cfg</value>
     					</property>
     				</systemProperties>
     			</configuration>
     		</execution>

</plugin>

with the above configuration, tests fail. If I move the configuration
out of the execution element (still within the plugin), property are
correctly set, and tests pass. Since i need to configure more than 1
(say, 4) configurations for the same suite of tests, i wonder wheter
this is a bug, or a misuse from mine.

Ideas ?

Thanks,
Valerio

--
http://jroller.com/page/vschiavoni

Re: surefire 2.3, mvn 2.0.5 : execution blocks and system property

Posted by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com>.
i also tried moving the common system properties into the
<configuration> element of the plugin while keeping specific ones into
the configuration of each execution block..

yet without no luck: tests are not executed with the correct properties set.

Posted by Valerio Schiavoni <va...@gmail.com>.