Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Russ Trotter <ru...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/17 19:01:07 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.3, WebdavServlet and Konqueror

Hello,

  I'm having a problem Tomcat's built-in WebdavServlet "/webdav" from
Konqueror.  basically, konq is just hanging trying to hit the base "/webdav"
URL.  I stepped through the WebdavServlet code and noticed it was hanging
trying to parse XML data over a call to req.getInputStream().  My theory is
that the input stream is not returning EOF.  I uncommented the
RequestDumperValve and notice the following:

  The initial "/webdav" request has the following characterstics:
1.  No Content-Length header
2.  HTTP/1.1
3.  No Connection header

  It almost looks as though Konq is NOT closing the connection after the
request (when maybe it should?)

  Is the InputStream returned just assuming since it has no persistent
connection indication and no content-length that socket-close means EOF.

Thanks for any help,
russ