Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Cantrell <Mi...@ind.alcatel.com> on 2002/08/29 23:25:20 UTC

Updating Oracle CLOBs with JSTL sql tags

Is there any way to get JSTL to update Oracle CLOBs with large amounts
of data? the <sq:update> tag works fine until it reaches the 4k limit.
Anything larger results in:

    Data size bigger than max size for this type: 27257

Re: Updating Oracle CLOBs with JSTL sql tags

Posted by Mike Cantrell <Mi...@ind.alcatel.com>.
Ugh, ya... it appears to be a problem with the Oracle thin-JDBC drivers.
They won't even update using  setAsciiStream (it throws no errors but
just sets the field to null if it's over 4k).  I guess I need to install
the OCI drivers and give it a try.

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.

--
Shawn Bayern