Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by gaurav jain <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2010/09/16 00:17:19 UTC

Fw: Access to JobClient

Hi,

-- I merge data using my M/R job
-- For better compression and code maintainence, I want to replace my M/R job
with a SORT BY and DISTRIBUTE BY hive query
-- I also want to know the number of records ( hadoop counters ). I could do
that in my M/R job. Its a MUST.
-- I dont want to write second M/R job to get counts

I have following questions:

-- Do I have access to hadoop counters if I am using a hive query?
     -- Looked into HIVE code base and looks like there are no public interfaces

for me to either get JobClient or counters
     -- ExecDriver.java is the class that deals with it and this class/methods
are internal to HIVE.

Please suggest a way to accomplish the above tasks.

Hoping to get a response soon!

Regards,
Gaurav Jain