Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Philippe Couas <pc...@infodev.fr> on 2006/02/27 11:10:00 UTC

Debug question ?

Hi
How could i debug Tomcat for resolving this Problem ?
Regards
Philippe

2006-02-27 10:58:17 StandardManager[/test] Exception au chargement des
sessio
ns depuis le stockage persistant (persistent storage)

java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
java.io.NotSerializableException
: java.util.PropertyResourceBundle

        at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1309)

       at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:2225

       at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:543)

       ... 7 more

Philippe COUAS
Responsable Développement
INFODEV S.A.

Re: Debug question ?

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
I think you have something in session which is not serializable.
Therefore tomcat aborts writing session contents to file. Next start
tomcat tries to load stored sessions, but can't due to previously
aborted writing. If you don't care about restart session persistence,
you can try to find the proper switch in the conf-docs or just add
following to your bin/catalina.sh:
 rm -rf work/Catalina/localhost/<webappname>/SESSIONS.ser

regards
Leon