Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2010/02/16 15:18:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Felix EventAdmin 1.2.0

Hi,

We solved 5 issues in this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX/fixforversion/12314393

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-005/

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage:
sh check_staged_release.sh 005 /tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:

[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Felix EventAdmin 1.2.0

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
It does say:

-Redistributions of source or binary code must contain the above
copyright notice, this notice and and the following disclaimers:

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

[VOTE CANCELLED] Release Apache Felix EventAdmin 1.2.0

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
I hereby cancel the vote in order to fix the notice problem discussed in
this thread and start a new vote once the problem is fixed.

Carsten

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:
> Done. Check it out and let me know what you think. On the positive side,
> at least the copyright year in the NOTICE file will be correct now. ;-)

Thanks Richard!

Looks good to me....and yes, redoing the release fixes the other
problems in the notice as well which is really a plus!

Now, I'll wait with the release until tomorrow - this gives everyone
time to speak up if he thinks that the new notice is not right either :)

Regards
Carsten

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Done. Check it out and let me know what you think. On the positive side,
at least the copyright year in the NOTICE file will be correct now. ;-)

-> richard

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Richard S. Hall wrote:

> To be clear, I will repost the paragraph in question:
>
>    Sun hereby grants Doug Lea a non-exclusive, worldwide,
>    non-transferrable license to use, reproduce, create derivate works
>    of, and distribute the Java Software and derivative works thereof in
>    source and binary forms as part of a larger work, and to sublicense
>    the right to use, reproduce and distribute the Java Software and
>    Doug Lea's derivative works as the part of larger works through
>    multiple tiers of sublicensees provided that the following
>    conditions are met:
>
> I assume we would be considered a sublicenser of this, which I assume
> means we have to abide by the same terms of the license as the one
> provided to Doug.
>
> But what do I know?

Another possibility would be to exclude the two classes in question; I
think we don't use them anyway, but I fear that the include statement
for the embed instruction gets too complicated.

Carsten

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 Approve the release

I just noticed that the NOTICE file still has old copyright statements
(which I just corrected in svn now). But I don't consider this a blocker
for the release.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler