Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Larry Akah <la...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/15 11:58:31 UTC

Re: gsoc taverna mobile- taverna player API

Am using the player.
>From this code:

> [{
>   "id": 1,
>   "title": "Hello, World!",
>   "author": "Alan, et al.",
>   "description": "Say 'Hello, World!'"
> }, {
>   "id": 3,
>   "title": "Multi Interaction",
>   "author": "Robert Haines",
>   "description": "Multiple interactions for testing."
> }]
>
> i expected to see the same in the results i get, but the author field is
not there that's what i mean. This goes same for the other ommited fields
in the other results.

About identifying user specific workflows, is there a way of doing that?

cheers

--
*Akah Larry N.H*

*Lead Software Engineer @ GiftedMom*
*Founder IceTeck Inc*
*www.iceteck.com*

Developing technologies for emergence and sustainable development.

Re: gsoc taverna mobile- taverna player API

Posted by Robert Haines <ro...@manchester.ac.uk>.
Hi,

On 15/06/2015 10:58, Larry Akah wrote:
> Am using the player.
>  From this code:
>
>> [{
>>    "id": 1,
>>    "title": "Hello, World!",
>>    "author": "Alan, et al.",
>>    "description": "Say 'Hello, World!'"
>> }, {
>>    "id": 3,
>>    "title": "Multi Interaction",
>>    "author": "Robert Haines",
>>    "description": "Multiple interactions for testing."
>> }]
>>
>> i expected to see the same in the results i get, but the author field is
> not there that's what i mean. This goes same for the other ommited fields
> in the other results.

Have you supplied author information for the workflows? Rails may not
return a field in the json if it is nil or blank (I can't remember what
the default is right now).

The code is certainly not doing any filtering so it should just return
everything that is in the model:

https://github.com/myGrid/taverna-player/blob/master/lib/taverna_player/concerns/controllers/workflows_controller.rb

> About identifying user specific workflows, is there a way of doing that?

The host Rails app (that the Taverna Player plugin is running in) needs
to handle that, probably via its standard authentication mechanism. If
you're not already doing so I recommend looking at Finn's starter app here:

https://github.com/myGrid/taverna-player-portal

This app overrides the Workflow model and controller to be more flexible:

https://github.com/myGrid/taverna-player-portal/blob/master/app/models/workflow.rb

https://github.com/myGrid/taverna-player-portal/blob/master/app/controllers/workflows_controller.rb

Cheers,
Rob

--
Robert Haines
Research Software Engineering Manager, IT Services