Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Maxime Colas des Francs <ma...@sts.ca> on 2003/12/12 18:06:08 UTC

jsvc and security

Hello,

I attempt to use jsvc from commons-daemon project to launch my tomcat instance.
How can I specify the '-security' option (used with catalina.sh)?

If I write some system properties (like in catalina.sh):

$CATALINA_HOME/bin/jsvc
     [...]
     -Djava.security.manager \
     -Djava.security.policy=$CATALINA_BASE/conf/catalina.policy \
     [...]

jsvc return an error ("Parameter -D must contain one '=' character")

Re: jsvc and security - solved

Posted by Maxime Colas des Francs <ma...@sts.ca>.
think i've solved the problem

I add a '=' sign after the property
    -Djava.security.manager= \
for "bypass" jsvc command line verification

After for Tomcat 4.1.29, i had to add permissions for commons-daemon in my
catalina.policy (take in tomcat 5 policy file)

// These permissions apply to the daemon code
grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/bin/commons-daemon.jar" {
         permission java.security.AllPermission;
};