Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2001/11/02 11:53:48 UTC

[preview 2] new mod_perl site concept

Those that are on the docset-templates list know that I'm moving on with
the new docset building code, I'm going to release it very soon now.

Here is a second preview of the site:
http://www.apache.org/~stas/newsite/index.html

As usual disregard the content, just say if you see something wrong with
navigation widgets, concepts in general.

If everything is cool, I'll start filling it with the real content. Also
see another email that I'll send in a sec.

Re: [preview 2] new mod_perl site concept

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Craig McLane wrote:

> I focused mostly on the content - Stas this rocks!  Very easy to
> navigate, and the info (especially the Apache::Test documentation is
> great.

Thanks Craig :)

> One 'style' nit, it appears that an absolute width is specified on the tables
> used for formatting which bumps the right area of the page so that I
> have to scroll horizontally in my browser.  It looks fine in links, so
> it might just be the font I am using.

I think the main problem is that some code sections in the docs are
wide, and they force the browser to scroll left. Possible solutions are:

   * change the font style/size for the <PRE> sections to make it take
less space.
   * the menu on the left takes a lot of space for no reason. it can be
moved in.

BTW, you don't see it yet, but the site sports PDF files of each
sub-docset (ala mod_perl guide). I just didn't link those yet. So once
I'm done you can just grab PDF files for an easier reading :)

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Posted by Craig McLane <cm...@citysearch.com>.

Posted by Craig McLane <cm...@citysearch.com>.