Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Bagepalli, Kiran" <kb...@informatica.com> on 2002/12/04 23:03:24 UTC

DOM Structure

When I parse the DOM (for a XML with namespaces), I get the namespace
attributes xmlns and schemaLocation as regular attributes. How can I
distinguish this in my application. I was under the assumption that
DOMParser does not construct DOMNodes for these attributes if doNamespaces
is on.
Can someone clarify?

Thanks
Kiran

Re: DOM Structure

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi Kiran,
	DOM always creates these attributes. To detect them you can check
their namespace which is http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/

.

Gareth

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Bagepalli, Kiran wrote:

> When I parse the DOM (for a XML with namespaces), I get the namespace
> attributes xmlns and schemaLocation as regular attributes. How can I
> distinguish this in my application. I was under the assumption that
> DOMParser does not construct DOMNodes for these attributes if doNamespaces
> is on.
> Can someone clarify?
>
> Thanks
> Kiran

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com
XML Development and Services