Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/13 10:13:34 UTC

Next Cas Editor release candidate

Hello,

can we now create the next (and hopefully last) Cas Editor Release
Candiate ?
I can do testing on Monday.

Jörn

Re: Next Cas Editor release candidate

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Jörn Kottmann wrote:
>> Yes I think you can build the next Release Candidate.
>> I just replied to the CAS Editor build script mail with some comments.
>
> Ok, I will answer here.
>
> UIMA-536 is now closed.
>
> I will take care of the build, testing, etc.
>
> The only thing I am note familiar is how the tagging of the release
> candiate works.
> Which version of the dependent projects will be used ? The current head or
> already tagged projects which were be used for annotator sandbox release ?
>
> Jörn

My suggestion would be to just tag the required projects (CasEditor, SandboxDocs, uima-docbook-tool)
and create a new directory called "CasEditor-2.2.2/CasEditor-2.2.2-01" in sandbox/tags/.

For the CasEditor and for the SandboxDocs projects you should use trunk/current head since it is an
own new release. Since you are depending in your release on UIMA core 2.2.2 you should use for
uima-docbook-tool the source of the UIMA core release tag 2.2.2.

-- Michael

Re: Next Cas Editor release candidate

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Marshall Schor wrote:
> Michael Baessler wrote:
>> Jörn Kottmann wrote:

>>> Ok, sounds good for me.
>>>
>>> How do you usually do tagging with the svn copy command or from within
>>> eclipse ?
>>>

>> Within eclipse in the SVN Repository view.
>>
> IMHO, it's a good goal to have a build process which is reproducable by
> others, at a later time.  For example, we have for other released
> components put a bunch things needed for building into the xxxx-distr
> project project, in the src/main/build directory.  As an example, the
> uima-as-distr project includes in its src/main/build directory, a "tag"
> script, which does the svn copies needed to create the tag.  The script
> remembers which things to tag from the "head" and which things to tag
> from another "tag".
> -Marshall

What's important is that the build is reproducible.  The tagging itself,
only if it's not transparent (which may be the case for uima-as).

--Thilo

Re: Next Cas Editor release candidate

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.