Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Batranut Bogdan <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2014/05/05 21:48:21 UTC

cassandra snapshots

Hello all

I have a big col family and I see that cassandra is taking snapshots for it. I do not have incremental enabled. What are the triggers that start the process of taking a snapshot? Is is automatic ?

Thanks

Re: cassandra snapshots

Posted by Jonathan Lacefield <jl...@datastax.com>.
What version of Cassandra are you using?  This could be from snapshot
repairs in newer versions of Cassandra.
CASSANDRA-5950<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-5950>

Also, check out the snapshot settings, other than incremental, in the .yaml
file.  There are several snapshot configurations which could have been set
for your cluster.
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/configuration/configCassandra_yaml_r.html

Jonathan Lacefield
Solutions Architect, DataStax
(404) 822 3487
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/jlacefield>

<http://www.datastax.com/cassandrasummit14>

Re: cassandra snapshots

Posted by Batranut Bogdan <ba...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Robert,

Neither of those actions were taken on that cf as far as I know. In that cf we only insert historical data. No deletes no drops / truncates.

Thanks
On Monday, May 5, 2014 10:50 PM, Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com> wrote:

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Batranut Bogdan <ba...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I have a big col family and I see that cassandra is taking snapshots for it. I do not have incremental enabled. What are the triggers that start the process of taking a snapshot? Is is automatic ?

It's automatic if you DROP or TRUNCATE a columnfamily or keyspace.

=Rob

Re: cassandra snapshots

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.