Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Stephen Green <ee...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/13 16:39:23 UTC

SolrIndexSearcher.QueryCommand filters and filter

I find myself in a situation where I need to handle a query that has a
number of filter queries associated with it as well as another
constraint that generates a DocSet of documents that should be applied
as a filter against the search results.

I'm building a query component to deal with this case, and it looked
like SolrIndexSearcher.QueryCommand.filter was just what I wanted for
my non-filter-query constraint.  Unfortunately, you can't specify
QueryCommand.filters and QueryCommand.filter at the same time.

It seems to me like this is too restrictive:  in the few places where
filters and filter get used (only getDocListC and getDocListNC as far
as I can tell), could we not just intersect the DocSets that result
from each of the pieces?

Am I missing something here?  Is there a better way to do what I want
to do?  I'd be happy to open a Jira on this and provide a patch.

Steve
--
Stephen Green
http://thesearchguy.wordpress.com