Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2009/12/31 06:40:15 UTC

Re: How to use SMS transport in WS-Commons

Hi Charith,

I was able to successfully setup the sms transport and deploy the service
(SampleInOutService.aar) , as you have explained. But, is there any sample
client that I could use to try this out?

Thanks,
Senaka.

--
Senaka Fernando
Software Engineer

Re: How to use SMS transport in WS-Commons

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 6:32 PM, Charith Wickramarachchi <
> charith.dhanushka@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Charith,
> > >
> > > I'm a bit confused. A few questions to clarify. :-)..
> > >
> > > Now, you can write Axis2 Services that can be invoked by sending an
> sms.
> > > Also, can't you write Axis2 clients capable of sending an sms?
> >

> >    Yes using the current implementation we can send a sms  using a Axis2
> > client.
> >

> > > If so, can't
> > > we combine these two to send an sms and receive a response. I'm using
> the
> > > SMPP implementation btw.
> > >

> > > Nope that case isn't implemented the current implementation.Since its
> > hard
> > > to identify which message came as a reply for which message.
> > >

> How does this this affect a client. If you have an echo service, and send a
> UUID from the client, you should be able to determine whether the server
> responded isn't it? I don't think that the server has problems determining
> where to reply, isn't it?
> I'll look in to that and provide a sample
>

> > Also, is it possible to use a JSMPP sample (with some modifications to
> > ports
> > > etc.) to interact with the service that we have published in Axis2?
> > >

> >     Yes you can. If you look at the unit test for the SMPP implementation
> > it
> > starts a Simple SMSC using the JSMPP and sends a  message to invoke a
> > Service and validate the response it receive.
> >

> Did a quick run through, but it seems that the tests use an in-memory
> implementation of client and server, isn't it?
>

> Even though its in memory, client and server communicate using the SMPP
> protocol on top of TCP.

   But here the client is a  jsmpp client to sent the SMS to the SMSC
(MessageCenter) so since Axis
2 is binded to the SMSC it  will   receive  the message. and reply to the
senders mobile number.

  In a real world scenario what will be happen is  jsmpp client is replaced
by a mobile phone.

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi Charith,

I'm a bit confused. A few questions to clarify. :-)..

Now, you can write Axis2 Services that can be invoked by sending an sms.
Also, can't you write Axis2 clients capable of sending an sms? If so, can't

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Senaka ,