Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Meyer, Christian" <Ch...@godyo.com> on 2004/05/19 13:06:39 UTC

cocoon behind apache reverseproxy

Hi,

I'am trying to put my cocoon application on tomcat behind a apache
reverseproxy. that was no problem but after login the session is not found
and so i was redirected to the login. The session id is different in every
request.

is there any problem to solve while getting the session information?

Regards cham

Re: cocoon behind apache reverseproxy

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Meyer, Christian wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'am trying to put my cocoon application on tomcat behind a apache
>reverseproxy. that was no problem but after login the session is not found
>and so i was redirected to the login. The session id is different in every
>request.
>
>is there any problem to solve while getting the session information?

This can be because you are proxying with different URLs after the
domain name. So:

http://yourserver/your-url    ----->
http://yourserver:8080/cocoon/your-url

will break with relation to sessions, as Cocoon returns a cookie mounted
on /cocoon, but the user is looking for one mounted on /.

Fixes: you can try ProxyPassReverse, but I'm not sure if that fixes it.

Better, strip out the /cocoon./ bit so that both Apache and Cocoon use
the same level within the directory structure.

Is this the problem?

Upayavira