Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2014/05/19 02:32:40 UTC

Can't get excite demo to work with YARN / Hadoop 2.4 …

I'm really stumped on this one.

I have some experience with Pig from about a year ago so I'm somewhat
familiar with it.

I'm running Hadoop 2.4 and I recompiled pig with:

ant clean jar-withouthadoop -Dhadoopversion=23

I uploaded the excite demo and bzip2 decompressed it…

The file is there. If I 'dump' it,.. I'll get output.

However, I get empty output:

Input(s):
Successfully read 0 records from: "/excite.log"

Output(s):
Successfully stored 0 records in: "/test-output3"

… this is the script I'm running:

raw = LOAD '/excite.log' USING PigStorage('\t') AS (user, time, query);

foo = FOREACH raw GENERATE user, time, query;
STORE foo INTO '/test-output3' ;

… I had the STORE with a USING PigStorage() … but removed it to debug and
that didn't fix the problem..

Any advice here?

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*

Re: Can't get excite demo to work with YARN / Hadoop 2.4 …

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <pi...@gmail.com>.
Do you mind filing a jira? If counters are not correct with Hadoop 2.4, we
should fix it.

Btw, I am using Pig trunk with Hadoop 2.4 and haven't seen an issue with
counters.

Posted by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com>.