Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org> on 2013/02/01 07:51:33 UTC

Re: Dequeue not happening

Hi,

How do you conclude there is no dequeue?
Did you try to read the mailbox and it is empty?
Do you see queue growing?
Any exception or warning in the log files?

Thx, Eric

Re: Dequeue not happening

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi,
See more questions inline.
Thx, Eric

On 05/02/2013 11:55, P.B.Naveen wrote:
> Hi Eric,
> Below are my answers. Thank you for the quick response.
> Thank you,
> Naveen
>
> On 2/1/2013 12:21 PM, Eric Charles wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> How do you conclude there is no dequeue?
> The dequeue happened for around 240 records and then it stopped. We
> observered these dequeue counts in the JConsole.

So 240 mails dequeued.
Are they the first 240 mails you have injected?
At which pace did you inject them? Serial or parrallel? To the same
mailbox or different mailboxes?

>> Did you try to read the mailbox and it is empty?
> We are not accessing the mailbox, we are directly monitoring the enqueue
> and dequeue process.

Good, but can you read the user mailbox (just to see how James healthy is)?

>> Do you see queue growing?
> Yes, we did see the queue grow very fast.

OK, you mean the spool queue?
Do you see it via JMX?
If yes, is it via org.apache.james or org.apache.activemq node?

>> Any exception or warning in the log files?
> No exception or warnings are observed in log file. But, using jvisualvm,
> we could see that the dequeue threads are in infinite wait. This
> happened even with the 5.7.0 ActiveMQ also.

Do you use an external AMQ?
Did you change anything to the default config?

Re: Dequeue not happening

Posted by "P.B.Naveen" <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,