Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Alaa Alnobani <al...@maktoob.com> on 2007/03/27 11:18:55 UTC

Tomcat Integration problem

Hi, please I need your help:
 I am new to ActiveMQ and tried to integrate it with tomcat 5.5 so I copied all the necessary JARS to the common/lib directory in tomcat then I added a  META-INF/context.xml to my web application directory contaning:
<Context antiJARLocking="true">
    <Resource
        name="jms/ConnectionFactory"
        auth="Container"
        type="org.activemq.ActiveMQConnectionFactory"
        description="JMS Connection Factory"
        factory="org.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
        brokerURL="ssl://localhost:61616"
        brokerName="LocalActiveMQBroker"
        useEmbeddedBroker="false"/>

    <Resource name="jms/topic/MyTopic"
        auth="Container"
        type="org.activemq.message.ActiveMQTopic"
        factory="org.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory"
        physicalName="MY.TEST.FOO"/>
</Context>

then I tried to use it in a servlet like this :

InitialContext initCtx = new InitialContext();
    Context envContext = (Context) initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env");
    ConnectionFactory connectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory) envContext.lookup("jms/ConnectionFactory");
    Connection connection = connectionFactory.createConnection();
    Session session = connection.createSession(false, Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);
    MessageProducer producer = session.createProducer((Destination) envContext.lookup("jms/topic/MyTopic"));

    Message testMessage = session.createMessage();
    testMessage.setStringProperty("testKey", "testValue");
    producer.send(testMessage);

When I request the servlet the following exception comes up:
javax.naming.NamingException: Could not load resource factory class [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.activemq.jndi.JNDIReferenceFactory]

BTW i am using activeMQ version 4.1.0 with tomcat 5.5.17 and Java 1.5.

So what is wrong and what I should I do else???

thanks.

Re: Tomcat Integration problem

Posted by OSD <am...@yahoo.com>.
I'm using the apache active mq 4.1.1 package (with Tomcat 6.0) running into
the same problem!

Posted by OSD <am...@yahoo.com>.
I'm using the apache active mq 4.1.1 package and have this error when I try
to lookup a Queue from the jndi context
javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance
        at
org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:143)
        at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:781)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:781)
        at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)
        at
org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:137)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--

James
-------