Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Devendar Rao <de...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/19 22:45:58 UTC

Change replication factor for a topic in the runtime

Is it possible to change the replication factor in runtime? We're using
10.x version.

Thanks,
Devendar

Re: Change replication factor for a topic in the runtime

Posted by Todd Palino <tp...@gmail.com>.
You can do this using the kafka-reassign-partitions tool (or using a 3rd
party tool like kafka-assigner in github.com/linkedin/kafka-tools) to
explicitly assign the partitions to an extra replica, or remove a replica.

-Todd

--
*Todd Palino*
Senior Staff Engineer, Site Reliability