Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Hansi Klose <ha...@web.de> on 2014/09/23 12:42:15 UTC

how to change "hbase.id"

Hi,

in our test environment I try to test the upgrade from cdh4.2.0 to cdh5.1.2
with replication.

before the upgrade I copied the whole hbase cdh4 folder to from the master to the slave cluster
and configured replication. This was working.

After the upgrade I could not get the replication running again.

The Problem seems to be that the hbase.id is the same on both cluster.

The regionserver tells me:

INFO org.apache.hadoop.hbase.replication.regionserver.ReplicationSource: Closing source 1 because:
ClusterId xyz is replicating to itself: peerClusterId xyz

I changed the hbase.id manual, but that does not work because the hbase master does not start.

How can i change the hbase.id or create a new one?

We run 2.3.0-cdh5.1.2 in our environment.

Regards Hansi

Aw: Re: how to change "hbase.id"

Posted by Hansi Klose <ha...@web.de>.
Hi Jean-Marc,

we had some data in it. Just test data.
I shut down the slave hbase cluster and deleted the cluster znode in zookeeper.
Than I deleted the file in hdfs and started the hbase cluster.
HBase generated a new hbase.id and the test data is still there.

Thank you very much. Replication is running again :-)

Regard Hansi

Re: how to change "hbase.id"

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Hansi,