Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Abramson, Rami" <ra...@terayon.com> on 2002/12/19 09:10:28 UTC

Using the CompositeRollingAppender

Hello,

Using the CompositeRollingAppender the following properties file is being
used (an example I found of Ceki Gülcü) :
-------------------
#Default Config file for CompositeRollingAppender
log4j.rootCategory=debug, R

log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.CompositeRollingAppender

#How to perform rolling -- Composite is the default
log4j.appender.R.RollingStyle=3

#Use same file name for all inprocess logging?
log4j.appender.R.staticLogFileName=true
log4j.appender.R.File=logs/log4jExample.log

#Size Rolling params
log4j.appender.R.CountDirection=-1
log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=2KB
log4j.appender.R.MaxSizeRollBackups=10

#Date Rolling params
log4j.appender.R.datePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd

#layout options
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n

For some reason 2 things do not work:
1> An error occurs :   log4j:WARN Failed to set property [maxFileSize] to
value "2KB".
2> Even if I solve <1> by using the following configuration line:
	log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=2000
     still the file names are "log4jExample.log.1" ...
"log4jExample.log.10" and do not contain the date.

	thank you,

              Rami A.