Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Stuart Roebuck <st...@adolos.co.uk> on 2001/03/30 14:26:51 UTC

SendMailFactory.java breaks compile

I've just tried to compile the latest CVS of Tomcat 4 and I'm missing some
classes trying to compile SendMailFactory.java.

/Users/stuart/OpenSource/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/
naming/factory/SendMailFactory.java:0: Class javax.activation.DataSource
not found in class javax.mail.internet.MimePartDataSource.

I tried dropping Java Mail 1.2 into the classpath but this doesn't help.

Am I missing something obvious?

Stuart.

Re: SendMailFactory.java breaks compile

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> I've just tried to compile the latest CVS of Tomcat 4 and I'm missing some
> classes trying to compile SendMailFactory.java.
>
> /Users/stuart/OpenSource/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/
> naming/factory/SendMailFactory.java:0: Class javax.activation.DataSource
> not found in class javax.mail.internet.MimePartDataSource.

It shouldn't compile that class unless you have JavaMail somewhere in your
classpath. JavaMail also requires JAF (Java Activation Framework, or
something like that).

> I tried dropping Java Mail 1.2 into the classpath but this doesn't help.

Remy

Re: SendMailFactory.java breaks compile

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Stuart Roebuck wrote:

> I've just tried to compile the latest CVS of Tomcat 4 and I'm missing some
> classes trying to compile SendMailFactory.java.
>
> /Users/stuart/OpenSource/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/catalina/src/share/org/apache/
> naming/factory/SendMailFactory.java:0: Class javax.activation.DataSource
> not found in class javax.mail.internet.MimePartDataSource.
>
> I tried dropping Java Mail 1.2 into the classpath but this doesn't help.

You need the Java Activation Framework (JAF) as well.  If it's not in the
README, I will update that ASAP.

> Am I missing something obvious?
>
> Stuart.

Craig