Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org> on 2019/01/26 00:12:49 UTC

[VOTE] 2.1.1 RC0

Hi all,

This is the first candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.1.1.  This release includes many bug fixes for Apache Kafka 2.1.

Check out the release notes here:
http://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.1.1-rc0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

The vote will go until Wednesday, January 30th.

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.1.1-rc0/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* Javadoc:
http://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.1.1-rc0/javadoc/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 2.1 branch) is the 2.1.1 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.1.1-rc0

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 2.1 branch:
Unit/integration tests: https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-2.1-jdk8/116/

Note that we are still investigating two recent system test failures: one in StreamsUpgradeTest, and another in TestUpgrade.  We believe that the failures are spurious, and are re-running the tests.

Also, I am working on getting my PGP key added to http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS.

thanks,
Colin

Re: [VOTE] 2.1.1 RC0

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Ismael,

Good catch.  It looks like release.py creates two staging repositories that need to be closed, not just one.  I assumed it only created one and erroneously discarded one of them.  I will sink this RC and create RC1.

best,
Colin

Re: [VOTE] 2.1.1 RC0

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@gmail.com>.