Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by chhoker <pu...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/29 21:07:53 UTC

executing a simple hello world BPEL process

how to run ODE and have it execute/consume a simple hello world BPEL process
under Eclipse. I was trying to run the main java file in
C:\ode\utils\src\main\java\org\apache\ode\utils\cli\main.java but i guess
this is not the right way to execute ode. I build ode with jruby and buildr
then used buildr eclipse, but i dont know what to do next i followed this
page too

http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html

but i am still not sure what I am supposed to do next. can some one please
help me.

Re: executing a simple hello world BPEL process

Posted by pushpeen chhoker <pu...@gmail.com>.
yes I tried this one and it worked too, but what I am trying to do is debug
the apache ODE sourcecode, so that I know what is going on inside it and
what is calli ng what.I got the sourcecode using SVN from

svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/trunk

after building it I am not sure how to debug the source code and that is
when found main.java file and try to run the whole code but I guess its not
the right way. Can you please help me with this.

--
Pushpeen Chhoker
Ph no- 559-232-8736

Re: executing a simple hello world BPEL process

Posted by ishara premadasa <id...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Chhoker <pu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks but i have already did that but what I am looking for is how to
> execute
> the whole apache ode sourcecode that i downloaded using SVN from
>
> svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/trunk
>
> I want to debug it so as to know what is calling what just to get familiar
> with
> what is going on!

Hi Chhoker,
I have also started working with ODE recently and this is how to debug ODE
with Tomcat in both Windows and Ubuntu environments (if you are using axis2
war deployment).Hope this helps.

[1].
http://isharapremadasa.blogspot.com/2011/09/how-to-debug-apache-ode-with-apache.html

--
*Best Regards.*

*Ishara Premadasa,*
Trainee Software Engineer/Undergraduate,
Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering,
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka.

Re: executing a simple hello world BPEL process

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@gmail.com>.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 12:37 AM, chhoker <pu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> how to run ODE and have it execute/consume a simple hello world BPEL
> process
> under Eclipse. I was trying to run the main java file in
> C:\ode\utils\src\main\java\org\apache\ode\utils\cli\main.java but i guess
> this is not the right way to execute ode. I build ode with jruby and buildr
> then used buildr eclipse, but i dont know what to do next i followed this
> page too
>
> http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html
>
> but i am still not sure what I am supposed to do next. can some one please
> help me.

Best Regards
Sajith