Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Anurodh Jain <an...@aztec.soft.net> on 2005/07/06 12:50:56 UTC

Different Number of Threads

Hi,
 I am using Jmeter to load test my application from remotely from two
different machines. I am
using only one thread group. Now, I want to use different no. of threads for
the two machines to
generate the load. Usually, if I specify the No.of threads as , say 2, it
means that in total there
will be four threads executing at the same time. So in that case, i can only
simulate with the
even no. of threads as far as i am using 2 machines.
 This may seem something very simple but i am unable to do this. Can
somebody give some
idea?

Thanks and regards
Anurodh

Re: Different Number of Threads

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Or you could code the number of threads as a property, and put
different values of the property into the local copies of
jmeter.properties on each node where the server runs. The server reads
properties from its local file system.

Or use JMeter in non-GUI mode, i.e. a stand-alone client on each node.

Non-GUI mode uses far fewer resources than GUI or client-server, and
you may well find that a single node is sufficient. Use only a Simple
Data Writer listener (or just use the -l command-line flag).

S.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.