Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net> on 2004/12/15 20:23:42 UTC

Fwd: SVN IT MSG TRANSLATION: ALMOST COMPLETE & NEWS ABOUT BOOK!

Sending to dev@ to let the world know.

--- Weitergeleitete Nachricht / Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:42:24 +0100
From: "Federico Nebiacolombo SU AMS" <ci...@amsjv.it>
To: <e....@gmx.net>
Subject: SVN IT MSG TRANSLATION: ALMOST COMPLETE & NEWS ABOUT BOOK!

Hi Erik,
            svn msg it translation is almost complete, (we plan to end in
before the middle of Jen 2005)
we have only one missing translation and we would need some help from you
(svn expert) to translate it.
The msg is:

Malformed text rep offset line in node-rev

it is no clear to us the significance, we tried to get some hit from context
of msg in src
but with no success.
Can you comment for us the meaning of the msg?
We guess there is some text malformed but it is no clear,
What is it a 'rep offset line'?
What is a node-rev? We guess it is a 'node-revision' it is ok?

Is the Malformed text inside the 'repository offset line of a node-rev'?
Personally (Federico) I'am progressing in reading svn book but I have not
completed
all chapters, so, if this could be clear to me (us) looking at specific
pages in svn book,
please feel free to say without any problem.
I Attach you the it-rev-0-2.po on which we are still working on: it is still
under fine
refinement dealing with other msgs.
thanks in advance

*** NEWS ABOUT SVN BOOK ***
In short, we had a new contact from an italian person who would like to join
to the
effort to translate the svn book to Italian!!!
I explained him that we are waiting to from a larger team of italian
supporter to be able
to divide and continue in next future the work...I think, if you agree, we
could wait until
the middle of feb 2005 and then we could decide if to start or not the it
svn book translation job.
ok?
Federico & Giorgio (svn IT support team:-)

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

Re: Fwd: SVN IT MSG TRANSLATION: ALMOST COMPLETE & NEWS ABOUT BOOK!

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Federico Nebiacolombo SU AMS" <ci...@amsjv.it> writes:
> ok I'am sorry if I have created any problem, to avoid any future mistake, I
> need know if the problem is related
> to the uppercase text I wrote or if it related to the fact that you received
> more than one time the message,
> because I'am sure that I have got some viruses on the machine that I use to
> send email.
> I work as consultant in a company where sys admin are really not so smart in
> clearing viruses!
> If the problem is related to the style of the text I apologise again.

He meant just the uppercase text.

But personally, I liked the "commercial" -- I assumed the uppercase
text was a deliberate parody of commercial announcement style.  So no
problem (in my opinion).

Re: Fwd: SVN IT MSG TRANSLATION: ALMOST COMPLETE & NEWS ABOUT BOOK!

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:13:36 +0100, Federico Nebiacolombo SU AMS
<ci...@amsjv.it> wrote:
> > I've got a request on the side: Could you please stop using all
> > uppercase like the above?  I, and many readers with me, find it hard
> > to read.  It looks like you try to be screaming all the time :-)
>
> ok I'am sorry if I have created any problem, to avoid any future mistake, I
> need know if the problem is related
> to the uppercase text I wrote or if it related to the fact that you received
> more than one time the message,
> because I'am sure that I have got some viruses on the machine that I use to
> send email.
> I work as consultant in a company where sys admin are really not so smart in
> clearing viruses!
> If the problem is related to the style of the text I apologise again.

Nothing serious, but it's actually related to the frequent use of
all-uppercaps sentences like the subject line. As Karl pointed out,
it's not the number of messages or anything else. As Karl, I liked the
'ad' a lot ;-)

bye,

Erik.

Re: Fwd: SVN IT MSG TRANSLATION: ALMOST COMPLETE & NEWS ABOUT BOOK!

Posted by Federico Nebiacolombo SU AMS <ci...@amsjv.it>.
> I've got a request on the side: Could you please stop using all
> uppercase like the above?  I, and many readers with me, find it hard
> to read.  It looks like you try to be screaming all the time :-)

ok I'am sorry if I have created any problem, to avoid any future mistake, I
need know if the problem is related
to the uppercase text I wrote or if it related to the fact that you received
more than one time the message,
because I'am sure that I have got some viruses on the machine that I use to
send email.
I work as consultant in a company where sys admin are really not so smart in
clearing viruses!
If the problem is related to the style of the text I apologise again.
best regards
Federico.

Re: Fwd: SVN IT MSG TRANSLATION: ALMOST COMPLETE & NEWS ABOUT BOOK!

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Frederico,

> > > *** NEWS ABOUT SVN BOOK ***
> "Commercial" Spot:
> HEY!! ARE YOU AN ITALIAN SVN  USER?
> JOIN TO ITALIAN BOOK/MSG TRANSLATION TEAM YOU WILL GET UPDATED TO LASTEST
> DEV EDGES... WRITE TO nebiac@libero.it
> --End of Spot --

I've got a request on the side: Could you please stop using all
uppercase like the above?  I, and many readers with me, find it hard
to read.  It looks like you try to be screaming all the time :-)

Thanks in advance!

bye,

Erik.

Re: Fwd: SVN IT MSG TRANSLATION: ALMOST COMPLETE & NEWS ABOUT BOOK!

Posted by Federico Nebiacolombo SU AMS <ci...@amsjv.it>.
Hi Erik,
            thank you for your fast and complete answer, we are "processing"
it :-)
we will sent on dev@ our result so that everybody can comment and help us.

> > I Attach you the it-rev-0-2.po on which we are still working on: it is
> > still under fine refinement dealing with other msgs.
>
> Thanks for the continued work!
You are welcome!

> If the two of you want to, I can arrange that it.po be added to the
> subversion repository, so you can work on the translation from there. I
know
> I said this before, but I'll just reiterate now.
I agree about the fact that in next future, we (italian translation team)
would need access to svn
repository (even if limited only to commit it.po file).
In few week we should have the definitive complete it.po translation
completed, then
we could arrange to work using svn rep ok?

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
Hi!

Short request to start: Please mail the dev@ list (even if you're not on it)
and include me in the CC list. I read the list, but others probably don't
read my private mail :-) Even though they may be able to help faster or
better than I.

Now to the message:

> svn msg it translation is almost complete, (we plan to end in
> before the middle of Jen 2005) we have only one missing
> translation and we would need some help from you
> (svn expert) to translate it.
> The msg is:
>
> Malformed text rep offset line in node-rev
>
> it is no clear to us the significance, we tried to get some hit from
> context of msg in src but with no success.
> Can you comment for us the meaning of the msg?

This message is part of the FSFS backend for storing subversion
repositories. The error means that the library doesn't understand the data
it's being fed. Seeing this error indicates repository damage.

> We guess there is some text malformed but it is no clear,

'Text' is not meant litterally here. Text is the content of a file which is
stored in the repository database.

> What is it a 'rep offset line'?

FSFS stores contents as deltas against previous content. The 'rep offset
line' stores the base offset at which the following representation ([part
of] a delta) should be applied.

> What is a node-rev? We guess it is a 'node-revision' it is ok?

You guessed right that a 'node-rev' is a 'node-revision'. Welcome to the
heart of the virtual filesystem :-)

> Is the Malformed text inside the 'repository offset line of a node-rev'?

The Malformed text is in an offset line of the node-representation, if I
interpret the code and
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/subversion/libsvn_fs_fs/structure
correctly.

> Personally (Federico) I'am progressing in reading svn book but I have not
> completed all chapters, so, if this could be clear to me (us) looking
> at specific pages in svn book, please feel free to say without any
problem.

No, this can't be learnt from the book. This is way to much 'behind the
scenes'.

> I Attach you the it-rev-0-2.po on which we are still working on: it is
> still under fine refinement dealing with other msgs.

Thanks for the continued work!

If the two of you want to, I can arrange that it.po be added to the
subversion repository, so you can work on the translation from there. I know
I said this before, but I'll just reiterate now.

> thanks in advance
>
> *** NEWS ABOUT SVN BOOK ***
> In short, we had a new contact from an italian person who would like to
> join
> to the
> effort to translate the svn book to Italian!!!
> I explained him that we are waiting to from a larger team of italian
> supporter to be able
> to divide and continue in next future the work...I think, if you agree, we
> could wait until
> the middle of feb 2005 and then we could decide if to start or not the it
> svn book translation job.
> ok?

Great! Let me know when you know more!

> Federico & Giorgio (svn IT support team:-)

bye,

Erik.

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum superg�nstigen Komplett-Preis!