Posted to dev@iceberg.apache.org by Anthony Middleton <am...@confluent.io.INVALID> on 2022/08/11 17:20:55 UTC

Technical Talk Opportunities at Current 2022

Hello Iceberg Team,

I hope you are well! I'm a part of the Confluent Community Team. My team's
goal is to educate developers about Data Streaming technology, and we are
gearing up for Current 2022 <http://currentevent.io/>. Current is a data
streaming industry event, October 4-5, 2022, in Austin, TX.

I wanted to reach out and ask if you would be interested in hosting a
technical presentation covering Apache Iceberg in our community area. We
think it would be a great way to showcase your amazing technical community
to the attendees of Current, coming from all over the world.

My team is organizing a list of technical sessions at Current that covers
all aspects of Event-Driven Design, Streaming Technology, and Real-Time
Systems. Whether your presentation is a data engineering talk with
real-time data, software engineering with message brokers, or event-driven
architectures - if there’s data in motion, then it’s going to be relevant.

Topics for consideration:

   - Streaming Technologies
   - Architectural Concepts
   - Modern Data Flow (Data Pipelines Done Right)
   - Real-Time Analytics
   - Batch Pipelines
   - Real World Architectures Done Right (or Wrong)
   - Architectures You've Always Wondered About
   - People & Culture
   - Operations
   - App development
   - Fun and geeky
   - Monitoring & Observability
   - Real-time ML

The area for these technical talks is called the Meetup Hub, located on the
main expo floor next to the sponsor's booths. This area is separate from
the main conference hall, which will hold the keynote speeches. The Meetup
Hub will host technical talks on both days of the conference, from 11 am -
5 pm. If interested, we will offer your organization members a 25% off code
to enter the conference.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss this idea further.

Best,
[image: Confluent] <https://www.confluent.io>
Anthony Middleton
Community Associate
He/Him/His
+1 (919) 344-1829 <+1+(919)+344-1829>
Follow us: [image: Blog]
<https://www.confluent.io/blog?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ch.email-signature_type.community_content.blog>[image:
Twitter] <https://twitter.com/ConfluentInc>[image: LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/confluent/>[image: Slack]
<https://slackpass.io/confluentcommunity>[image: YouTube]
<https://youtube.com/confluent>
[image: Learn Apache Kafka at Confluent Developer]
<https://developer.confluent.io/?utm_source=gmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tm.devx_ch.email-signature_content.confluent>