Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2003/09/23 03:28:57 UTC

Re: Error : No Action Instance for path could be Created

It usually means that the Action class couldn't be found on the
classpath. Another, albeit unlikely cause, would be if there were a
member that could be instantiated for some reason.

-Ted.

guruprasad jakka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using action chaining to call an action for an action.
> The new action has a different actionform to that of the calling
> action.
>
> But, When I run the application, I get the error,
>
> "No action instance for path /srfailure could be created".
>
> srfailure is the path for the new action.
>
> what might be the error?
>
> All the action and form classes are present.
>
> My entries in struts-config.xml is as follows,
> <action-mappings>
>
>     <!-- Registration Action -->
>     <action    path="/registration"
>                type="RegistrationAction"
>                name="registrationForm"
>                scope="request"
>                validate="true"
>                input="/registration.jsp">
>        <forward name="success"
> path="/success.jsp"/>
>
>     </action>
>
>     <action   	   path="/srfailure"
>                    type="SRFailureAction"
>                    name="srfailureForm"
>                    scope="session"
>                   >
>            <forward name="failure"   path="/SRFailure.jsp"/>
>     </action>
>
>   </action-mappings>
>

> J G Guru Prasad
> V sem, Information Technology,
> Bachelor of Engineering,
> National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal.
> ( formerly KREC )

Ted Husted,
   Junit in Action  - <http://www.manning.com/massol/>,
   Struts in Action - <http://husted.com/struts/book.html>,