Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/03/23 09:27:14 UTC

New bulk printing features

As of rev. 521619 there is now the ability to submit an async print
request for many document (rendered from a screen definition with fop)
and send it to a (laser, for now) printer.
You can test it by selecting the "Print" option in the find order list
screen. You can optionally select a printer from the drop down box.
If no printer is selected the system will select the first that the
server's JVM can locate (so it must be defined in the server where OFBiz
is running, even if it is a lan printer).

Let me know what you think (I did very few test, also with the help of
David Shere), and I know that a lot can be done to improve these feature.

Jacopo

Re: New bulk printing features

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Jacques,

thanks for the report, the error is caused by the presence of blank
spaces in the printer name.
I will fix it, but in the meantime you can try with another name.

Jacopo

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Jacopo,

[...]

sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Ajey,

I implemented that stuff a few years ago and it is using FOP to do the
job; I would suggest following Brian's suggestions or have a look at
FOP docs to see if there is something you can do for your printer.
Another option, a bit tricky, is to "bulk generate" file (pdf) in a
folder and then run a script (outside of OFBiz, in your os) to send
the files to the printer.

Good luck,

Jacopo

Posted by "Ajey.bitin" <aj...@palindromesoftware.com>.
Hi Jacoop & bsanders,

Thanks for your inputs.

Even I think, searching postscript drivers and printers is not a good
solution for it. I would really appreciate Jacopo advice, based on that only
I decided now to merge all PDFs for selected orders in a single one with the
help of iText and then will render it on screen from where they can be
easily printed. I'm planning to prepare temp PDFs separately, then merging
them in a single PDF and after that deleting all the individual order PDFs.

This concept will work in my case.

Regards,

Ajey Kumar

Posted by "Sanders, Brian" <BS...@connextions.com>.